School Dinner and Free School Meals Information
CASHLESS CATERING SYSTEM
We are pleased to announce that the school our school has an online payment www.upay.co.uk cashless catering system, which will make school break / lunch times easier for your child.
This system will enable us to continue to provide healthy and enjoyable meals whilst providing other benefits such as:
- Easy online payment solution which allows you to manage and pay for your child’s meals through the following website: www.upay.co.uk;
- Ability to view statements, check balances and see a history of your child’s purchases;
- Smartphone App – download the upay app to your smartphone and make payments for your child’s school food;
- Auto tops – Use this feature to configure your child’s account so that every time the balance reaches a pre-set minimum, a pre-set top up amount is automatically added to your child’s account;
- Less opportunity for bullying as there is nothing to be stolen for use by other students;
- No obvious difference between pupils who pay for meals and free school meal pupils;
- Cash loader machine at the school where your child can top up their account with cash. The loader will take notes and coins;
- Reduction in queuing time.
To register your child’s online account you will need the following information
Your Company’s Affiliate ID: CBCS
Your Child’s Name:
Your User ID:
Please visit www.upay.com and follow the instructions on the website to register your child’s account.
Free School Meals.
Who can claim?
Free school meals are available to eligible pupils who attend school full-time. This includes:
- Younger children who attend nursery for full days
- Sixth form school pupils
Your child may be able to get free school meals if you get any of the following:
- Income Support
- Income-based Jobseeker’s Allowance
- Income-related Employment and Support Allowance
- Support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- Guarantee element of Pension Credit
- Child Tax Credit (provided you’re not also entitled to Working Tax Credit and have an annual gross income of no more than £16,190)
- Working Tax Credit run-on - paid for 4 weeks after you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit
- to 31 March 2019, Universal Credit – This was done as a temporary measure, pending the development of new eligibility criteria
- from 1 April 2019, Universal Credit - provided your household has an annualised net earned income (Net earned income is defined as household income after taxes and deductions. It does not include income from Universal Credit or other benefits) of no more than £7,400 ( as assessed by earnings from up to three of your most recent assessment periods)
If your children receive Income-related Employment and Support Allowance, Income Support or Income-based Jobseeker’s Allowance in their own right, they could also be able to receive free school meals.
For children/young people to be eligible to receive free school meals:
- you, as a parent, or your child, must receive the relevant benefit or support payment
- you should have submitted an application for free school meals to the local authority (or an application should have been submitted on your behalf)
- the application should have been approved by the local authority, or documents should have been seen by the local authority which strongly indicate your child is eligible.
Nursery – aged children
Nursery aged children who attend before and after lunch sessions at a local authority nursery school or nursery class may be eligible for free school meals.
How to claim
The quickest and easiest way is to apply online.
This link will direct you to Caerphilly Connect. Register now or log in to report, apply and pay for services. If you do not wish to create an account click 'Continue without registering'. Please check your spam/junk mail folder for account activation and notification emails that we send you!
You can also apply by post using a printable application form. These forms are available from your school.
- Privacy notice (PDF)
- Free school meals in Wales: Information for Parents an Guardians (Welsh Government)
You will be notified in writing of the outcome of your claim within 10 working days.
If you are eligible for free school meals, the school will be notified that your child can have free school meals. Schools will ensure that this information is treated with the strictest confidence and handled sensitively.
What if my circumstances change?
You must tell us if:
- You start work and come off benefits
- Your benefit changes
If you do not tell us of any changes to your benefit this may mean you have to pay for any meals provided whilst you were not eligible.
You must complete a new application form if:
- You change address
- You have another child starting school for the first time